Futur en Seine becomes Futur.e.s, international, plural, mixed and open. The digital festival created in 2009 by Cap Digital takes place each year and gives pride to digital innovations. Free and open to all, it will take place from 21 to 23 June 2018 at the Grande Halle de la Villette in Paris.
Futur.e.s offers us a new format of festival so we regain control of our digital daily life: the visitors are involved in thematic routes that will make him an actor of his future. Bio-engineering, utopias, ubiquity, artificial worlds: a shot of inspiration & exchanges with a series of masterclasses, demos like practical work to really touch and a giant fablab to imagine your future.
BUSINESS AND NETWORKING AT FUTUR.E.S
Connections are at the heart of Futur.e.s, reinforced by our belief that digital transformation is a collective challenge. Bringing together entrepreneurs, big businesses, research labs, universities and users, Futur.e.s sees these networks as vital for generating future possibilities.
This year, business and networking at Futur.e.s gather a pitch stage, targeted international events and dedicated spaces where you can meet people leading the digital transformation in their sectors and regions with the ” Investor Pitch by Cap Digital” A meeting point created by Cap Digital to connect innovative start-ups offering a strong growth potential with Parisian investors.
A CUSTOMISED FUTURE
FUTUR.E.S in Paris will propose to the public the construction of a common future through thematic routes :
- Art and creativity: shaping the future. How can we rethink and imagine a future that is creative, inclusive and sustainable? Today’s world faces challenges around climate and inequalities, but also the transformation of lifestyles and how we consume. He imperative is to innovate so that we don’t get left behind, but the way forward is not always easy to find. This is why Futur.e.s has prioritized making space for art, creation, and fiction – powerful engines with which to imagine the world of tomorrow and tools to find solutions.
- Places and spaces: climate change, technological acceleration. Faced with climate change, transitioning our environment is an urgent question: there won’t be any places in the future unless we finally acknowledge the impact of the people who inhabit them.
- Rethink life: nature, health, food. Are we now capable of going beyond the limits that nature has imposed? ‘Rethink life’, is what we guarantee you will do after experiencing the innovations that may seem at first glance incredible, but which may well form part of our future.
- AI, Algorithms Data: Citizens of a digital world? The themes of digital citizenship will animate this 2018 edition of Futur.e.s
- Tech and disability: the future for all. The metropolis of tomorrow will only be a ‘smart city’ if it is open to people with reduced mobility. The education system of tomorrow will only be strong if it accepts autistic children. The science of tomorrow will only be progressive if it focuses on improving conditions for those who have the most need. And Futur.e.s can only be truly Futur.e.s if it goes beyond a superficial understanding of what inclusivity means.
EMBARK FOR A FUTURIST TRAVEL – 3 STEPS
Demos : touch innovations that will change the world. Make the concrete experience of the future through 70 demos and prototypes selected among the best innovations that will shake your vision of the future.
Conferences et masterclasses: question the future. Can we create intelligence on demand? Will our smart cities be territories of insidious control? Will we have to pollute more to heat more? These questions and more will be the focus of those conferences and masterclasses.
Labs : think and build tomorrow’s world collectively. These labs will offer a session of prospective reflection around a problem close to user or citizens concerns. Alongside experts and neophytes, you will be screened for 2 hours in 2068 and think collectively to bring innovative solutions to the major issues of today and tomorrow.
FUTUR.E.S BY NIGHT
After a stimulating day exploring demos and learning collectively – time to party! On Thursday evening, celebrate music in La Petite Halle de la Villette during a Villette Tropicale party.. The awards evening, concerts, new experiences will also accompany your days of reflection and experiences! Learn about the program .